So here I am in the biggest life moment you could have – retired! Do I miss school? Of course I do, I miss the staff, pupils and general school life. Do I have time to sit around now I am retired – what are you crazy! Of course not my days are magically filled with numerous other things. Grandchildren are a blessing and keep me on my toes and I also get to spend time on my photography.
What have I learned since retiring?
- It is not the end of your life it’s the start of a new chapter – enjoy
- School still has the same problems and more – that’s what helped you make the decision to retire
- Stress is a thing I used to worry about – not any more
- No need for a notepad at the side of my bed to record my 2 a.m. thoughts
- Grandchildren keep you young
- I’m still interested in education – just in a different way now
- My achievements still count
- During my career I made a difference in many children’s lives
- I encouraged my staff to develop their strengths
- To be proud of my career and achievements